As you make intentional choices about Lenten spiritual disciplines such as fasting, scripture study, prayer and charity, remember that God is with us on the journey toward the blooms of new life on Easter morning. We are on this journey together. May we gather and regather as a community throughout the season of Lent as the Young Adult Network.
Here we share a few resources for you this season of Lent:
- Find Ash Wednesday, Lent, Holy Week and Easter Services and Events in the Episcopal Diocese of New York.
- Connect with Episcopal Young Adults, and explore a new church, by attending one of the EDNY Network’s sponsored Sushi Fridays.
- Practice a Holy Sabbath. Turn off the TV, light some candles, and take time for rest and relaxation. (Exodus 20:8-11)
- Take time for silence and reflection at a local retreat center.
- Give thanks everyday. Keep a gratitude journal, keeping track of God’s blessings in your life.
- Clean house! Get rid of clutter and donate your gently used goods to charities.
- Listen to the penitential choral classic, Allegri’s Misere. Prepare for goosebumps.
- Donate your time to help homeless and needy New Yorkers, connect with an outreach program.
- Devote your commute to spiritual activity, read the Bible on your iPhone.
- Remember Lent with our desktop backgrounds – Download them for FREE.
- Spend time with people you find difficult, such as that annoying co-worker or cranky older relative. Pray for their health and happiness (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6:28).
- Sign up to receive Episcopal Relief and Development Daily Email Lenten Meditations.